Huddy Chronicles is an archive community for House/Cuddy(only) fan fiction based on FOX’s House MD. All kinds of fic are welcome here as long as the rating is clearly marked. More on the rules below.
No Affliates at the moment. If you would like to be affliated with this community, please let one of the mod know.
User Info Layout: elizabethswan_
Comm. Layout: newkidfan
Rules written and based on the example of veronicamarsfic.
Fiction Rating Guidelines
PG: No adult content or language.
PG-13: If you can watch House, you can read this. May include some adult content, including mild sexual situations, little violence, and swearing, such as "bitch," "hell" and "damn."
R: Contains adult situations and language. Stronger profanity, sexual situations and/or violence are included, as well as adult issues.
NC-17: Graphic violence and/or sexual situations.
If you're not sure where your fic fits, it's typically better to select the stronger rating and then state why you chose the given rating. (i.e. "R for strong language" versus PG-13) All fics rated R and above (ie: fics containing things that would not be seen on the show) are required to contain a "warning" section in the header.
Obviously, please run spell and grammar check on your fics before posting. StIcKy and ALL-CAPS posts are not fun to read.
01. Subject line should be formatted like this:
Fic: Title (Pairing/Character) Rating
Ficlet: Title (Pairing/Character) Rating*
*Ficlet is really open to interpretation. Generally, anything under 1,000 words can be labelled a ficlet, but it's really up to the author.
02. Please post your actual story below an LJ-Cut to keep the page easily readable. (Don't know how to do an LJ-cut? See here.)
Above the cut, please include:
Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of House. No copyright infringement is intended.
Notes: any notes you might have about the fic.
If your post doesn't include a properly formatted subject line, an LJ-cut and/or ALL of the header information, it WILL be deleted.
In order to keep this archive well organized please tag each fic post with the author’s username, the fic rating, and please indicate if it was written for a challenge, if it’s one-shot or series, etc.
Example on how fics should be tagged:
Originally fic challenge, friendsholic, NC-17,
One shot fic, hihoplastic, PG-13,
Series, Part 1, lissie_pissie, NC-17,
Series, Ch.1, friendsholic, R,
Drabbles, prinnie868, PG-13,
03. There are no length limits or requirements for any fic.
04. Dropping some feedback isn't mandatory, however for the Author's time (sake?? ego??), it would be nice to know what you think of their work.
05. If you don't want constructive criticism on your fic, please note it above the LJ-Cut. If you don't, we'll assume you don't mind constructive suggestions about how to improve.
06. All posts must contain fics! If you're looking for a beta/want to offer beta services, check out the beta post.
07. No RPS fanfics posted here unless the RPS is completed. But no on going RPS otherwise, it will be deleted.
08. No spoilers will be allowed outside LJ-cuts within the community for one week after each new episode airs. This rule includes LJ icons (icons using episode related promo pictures and episode stills). It is to help prevent spoiling those who are unable to watch new episodes on the first airing.
09. Including a disclaimer within the header of all posts is a MUST. A line for disclaimer has been edited into the sample header above.
(Sample disclaimer: I am in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of House MD. No copyright infringement is intended.)
Any questions or problems, please send an email to any of the followings: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com